Move to Change primarily aims to ensure that our elected politicians will promote laws that protect both mothers and their unborn children.
We are a pro-life political movement. Our aim is to advocate for and advance pro-life laws through direct lobbying, grassroots campaigning, and promoting the election of pro-life candidates to Parliament.
We also invest heavily in grassroots voter involvement and education. All voters need to know where their elected representatives and candidates for election stand on protecting unborn children. We work with members of the community to remind them of their power and voice at a local level too, and how to make their elected representatives accountable.
We are not a new pro-life group but a political movement modelled on the successful Susan B. Anthony List in America.
Find, support and elect pro-life women and men who oppose pro-abortion legislation and work with other elected representatives to introduce legislation that will work towards ending abortion in Australia.
Educate voters at a local grass roots level on critical pro-life issues and on upcoming legislation in Victoria. We work with community leaders and provide resources to help them educate others and promote involvement in the movement among their sphere of influence.
Train and equip pro-life activists in Victoria to engage in successful political and grassroots campaigns.
Promote positive responses in both traditional and new media to dispel the myths and distortions of the abortion lobby.
Advocate for the passage of pro-life legislation in State Parliament, directly with legislators and through mobilising direct grassroots campaigns.
- Connect people with pro-life organisations in their communities.
- Connect politicians with important pro-life issues.
- Connect donors and supporters to key campaigns to ensure protection for the unborn.
What will we do?
- Work with and support existing pro-life organisations
- Provide excellent resources to inform the community and its leaders about existing legislation
- Ongoing grassroots educational campaign to get more people involved in Move to Change
- Ensure that pro-life Australians know where their elected representatives stand on protecting the unborn
- Find strong pro-life candidates to run in State and Federal elections
- Direct lobbying of politicians to promote the introduction of pro-life legislation.
- Provide support to community grassroots groups in relation to political involvement such as media training, letter writing, and direct lobbying campaigns.